Saturday, 9 February 2013

Sewing Update

I would be tearing my hair out, but it's so soft and fine, I probably would be literally tearing it out, so refraining from tearing at it, even though the imagery would be lovely!

Trying to sew my first bodice, darts are a lot harder than I thought, they don't necesscarily just fit your body because you follow the line on the pattern! So much harder than skirts! I will have to get help off grandma with this!

But I don't think I am doing too badly, I did make that cage skirt, and I have nearly finished another skirt. Skirts are a lot easier than top halves!

In other news if you look up "Victorian madwoman hair" on Google, I am the first, ninth and nineteenth images that come up! :P


Oh and the fourth image is from a splendid old film called The Madwoman of Chaillot, which you should really see if you can! I adored it! Here is a brief rundown of it.  And, of course, Katharine Hepburne, who plays the titular character is a fascinating person herself. What wonderful company I am in!

1 comment:

  1. First in a Google search for Victorian Madwoman Hair - it couldn't possibly get any better than this! LOL

    ReplyDelete