Thursday, 14 February 2013

Library Lovers Day: The Invasion of the Steampunk Brigade


It's a really beautiful library- look at all these little wooden partitions for people to sit in. They give a bit of privacy, but they aren't all closed off and claustrophobic, either! quite a few of us did airship pirate-y steampunk!
 

I got to hang out with some lovely people I had met before, and meet some lovely new people too!


Here I am looking a little confused. One of the ladies Cate was holding a tablet in front of her face. I was just working out she was taking pictures with it!


I am talking about second hand shopping and steampunk authors!


The delightful steampunk brigade! (OK, we don't actually call ourselves that, but I think we should! :P)



 Just out those windows is an amazing view over the mountains!


 Cutting the cake


Kate And Luke talking about Ironfest and an upcoming Terry Pratchett convention. I can't remember when or where that was.




 I didn't get any photos of myself with my gorgeous and talented friend Stacey, so here are two separate ones of her! She made the dress, hat, petticoat, bustle, etc. herself!

4 comments:

  1. It seemed to be a very fun day :D I really like your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat way to bring people to libraries! I wish more of them would do that.

    I love all these events you're attending; you're quite the busy bee, and your outfits are very lovely =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such amazing outfits *_* yours was very piratesque :D I love the skirt you were wearing, it's an awesome colour. This must have been such a fun! And you were a very cool group by the way :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a lot of fun. I love Stacey's blue dress, and the tall gentleman in the splendid purple jacket!

    ReplyDelete