Friday, 15 February 2013

David Lynch: Catching the Big Fish


I read this in a couple of hours at a friend's place where it was lying in the spare room after I went to The Clockwork Carnival. I loved all the bits where he talked about film making, many of his tips about creating scenes and that sort of thing really translate well to writing. I enjoyed the glimpse into his creative process and past. I have never been one for meditation, but when David Lynch says it in his enigmatic way, it makes sense. I may actually consider doing it now, just to see if it improves my creativity. Although I do pretty much live in my own world most of the time anyway.

3 comments:

  1. I'm afraid of what is going on in this man's mind :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually he says he is actually very calm and zen from all the meditation, even if his movies are often dark! There is a bit where he talks about that!

      Delete
  2. I've been a David Lynch fan for over 20 years now... it would be interesting to see what makes him tick!

    ReplyDelete