Tuesday, 22 January 2013

The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree



by Stan and Jan Berenstain

It was a real pleasure to read this again today. This was one of my childhood favourites. I still remember getting it from the Scholastic bookstore, and getting a free glow in the dark ghost sticker with it. I liked this one because it had a great spooky vibe and illustrations. I love all the bits of the tree house such as the moving wall with the giant key. I would love a house like that!

I found this at my boyfriend's parents' house. He remembered reading it as a kid too, and loving that great cross section of the house. 

I had quite a few of the other books in this series as a kid, I always liked the ones with odd adventures much more than the ones with morals.

This one is by far my favourite, and one I would happily read again at any age.

No comments:

Post a Comment