Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Singed Flowers DIY

I love the idea of these singed flowers, especially the deep pinky red ones that go black and crinkly around the edges. I think they look so romantic, and would make great trim for a historically inspired gown or headpiece. I have yet to try it, and honestly, clumsy people like me shouldn't be allowed around flames anyway. Here are a couple of YouTube videos. There are also a large selection of DIY posts all over the aethernet on how to do it, so you can take your pick. Singed flowers seems a common term for them.


I especially like the way the flower in this video turns out:

7 comments:

  1. I love to make these! They are so easy and when you got the trick you can make almost any flowers :)
    The silky one looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, i especially like the second tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love this! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made these before! They are pretty fun, but I never was quite satisfied with mine . . . maybe I should try again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty :D I will try making some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so pretty, I've seen them before but never dared attempt them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for follow me and your kind words,Laura!:D
    You´ve got a wonderfull blog here!I´ll visit it all slowly!^^

    ReplyDelete