Sunday, 16 December 2012

More Hair Experimentation

These pictures are actually from a while back, but I never got around to posting them. The first is a Frida Kahlo style 'milkmaid' braid. I can't wait until my hair is actually long enough to do this without having to hide the ends under a huge flower! (29th November)


Barrel roll Victorian inspired updo. It looks pretty good here, but I had some trouble with the left front and it looked awful, apparently I have trouble pinning the reverse curls. But I think with some more practice, it could be great! I did the curls pretty loose to give the hair more volume. I really like this look, apart from my ineptitude :P (7th December)


I also found this great tutorial on YouTube about how to use little hair rats to make your hair stand out more on the sides like in the old pictures. I tried it with some bulky hairclips (all I had at the time) and it made a difference, so I think with bigger hair rats, it would look amazing!


8 comments:

  1. That barrel roll looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't put up a photo of the dodgy side, ha ha! :P

      Delete
  2. Awesome. And that vid is great. I am going to try that. Only thing is I have such fine hair. Pins weigh it down. I might have to put a little tease on the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks so cute! I am also growing out my hair to do the Frida hairstyle. My hair is about the same length as your photo. I'm impatient that its close - but not close enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both look great!
    The first one looks prettiest on you, I actually think the flower looks really nice with it, you suit that style :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could do so pretty hairstyles :D I always fail, even when I watch tutorials xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard work, I am only just getting good this year, I was never able to do anything good before!

      Delete
  6. I have also been trying to my hair like Frida (right now I have it braided up on the top of my head with red and green ribbons.) I've based my current textiles project on her because she's so incredible and inspiring. I also love the collar in the first picture!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete