Sunday, 30 December 2012

Isambard the Steamparakeet

I'd like to introduce you to my new baby, Isambard, named for Isambard Kingdom Brunel. He (or she, it's really hard to tell with this species) came to live with us on the 24th of December. Isambard is about 10 weeks old. He likes building nests in my hair, sleeping on my shoulder and chirping along to music. His favourite musician appears to be Agnes Obel, he also seems to like Psyche Corporation, Nox Arcana and Black Tape for a Blue Girl. He also seems to enjoy English accents and Regency House Party. He likes to eat cherries and seeds, especially sunflower seeds, but I don't want to call him Mulder. At the moment he doesn't really let me get anything done! :P


Breakfast with Isambard. He had seeds, I had toast. He is no longer allowed to eat in my hair due to the amount of seeds I have to comb out afterwards. I was shedding seeds all day.


Isambard enjoys the wingchair. He's a classy bird.


Being spooky hiding in my hair.


Listening to music from the computer. He loves to sit on my shoulder and chirrup along.


 Playing upside down in my hair. He really really loves my hair.


He also loves gnawing on the frills of this top.

4 comments:

  1. Aww what a cute friend you have! I had a parakeet for twelve years, he was my best friend ever. They are friendly and intelligent little creatures <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutey-pie! And such lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, it's so cute! I've never seen a parakeet with such pretty colours! She looks like he's a lot of fun ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, how lovely! Isambard's so adorable. I don't blame him for liking your hair, by the way.

    ReplyDelete