Sunday, 30 December 2012

Inspiring homes and decor

A wall of books and a hidden doorway.


A bird gate. Wouldn't Isambard love that?


An apothecary room. I love the bottles and cabinet.


Here are the bottles I have so far:


"The Cragside House, Northumberland, England
Home of Lord Armstrong - Victorian inventor, innovator and landscape genius, Cragside was the first house in the world to be lit using hydroelectric power. The Free Tudor style home at one time included an astronomical observatory and a scientific laboratory. It is crammed full of ingenious gadgets - most of them still working."


Not sure of the sources of most of these, they were shared on Facebook. The last is from The Macabre and The Beautifully Grotesque on Facebook.

3 comments:

  1. Woooow a hidden doorway among books. <3 I want that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I would love to visit this house! I would like to have a dining room and a library. And I would like to live in a older hous than ours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those hidden doorways too, but I definitely want THAT house! LOL! Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete