Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Christmas

Quite a few people have been doing posts about their holiday rituals. For me, Christmas is mainly about being with family, but there are a few things that make it feel like Christmas.

Aunty Betty's gingerbread. She makes what everyone agrees is the perfect gingerbread. She has has her own recipe. It is insanely addictive!


Putting up the Christmas tree.


Terry Pratchett's Hogfather. A feelgood Christmas movie with a great alternate Christmas story. Susan is just so awesome, I definitely want to dress up as her one day.


The Nightmare Before Christmas. I am going to watch this one next.


That is about all I can think of, but I am sure I will add more traditions over the years. Do you have any Christmas traditions?

6 comments:

  1. That looks like an awesome cookie!

    Hogfather is a movie I have never seen, I will look for it right now!

    I have many traditions I do every year, mostly when it comes to christmas baking :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookie looks really yummy!

    My family's Christmas tradition is watching The Charlie Brown Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nightmare before christmas is such a lovely movie, it makes me happy. I haven't seen Hogfather, must check that out.
    I had to make another gingerbread dough because I ate all the cookies :P Saffron buns and gingerbread is a must for christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read 'A Christmas Carol' aloud to Hubby. At bedtime. In installments. It was his idea and the first year he asked I thought it was cute, but just a one-time thing. But he loves it, and I love reading aloud, so he requests it every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely. I was thinking of reading that myself! I love being read to!

      Delete
  5. Just wanted to comment to wish you a very merry Christmas! :D
    Gotta love TNBC- I'll have to watch that myself pretty soon.
    Yummy! Gingerbread! :)
    I don't have a Christmas tree, but instead I have a Christmas fridge. xD

    ReplyDelete