Monday, 5 November 2012

Lucia di Lammermoor

Outfit Saturday 20th October
Worn to the opera to see Lucia di Lammermoor with my boyfriend, his family and some family friends.



Jacket, corset and dress second hand, necklace from costume jewellery store. Earrings are garnet ones I got a long time ago. Antique clockwinder necklace from redheart13 on Etsy.

Here's a more detailed image of the hair. Series of plaits pulled back into roll.


Lucia was a great opera. I especially liked the bit about the ghost at the fountain, and the mad scene. I thought they could have made more of Lucia's anguish at being forced into marriage, and the reasons why she killed her new husband, but I suppose you can't really change a classic opera. I thought it might have been implied in the version we saw that her new husband was going to hurt her, as he seemed quite angry and rough with her when he found out about her and Edgardo.

This is the only short excerpt I managed to find. Emma Matthews was very mad, washing her hands in blood at one point. It was very dramatic and impressive. I read a review that said she was outstanding and I have to agree. She gave me goosebumps.

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty outfit! I have never seen a opera :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your hair! I've never been to an opera, either! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like fun- I love opera! Your blue dress is very pretty- love the corset with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like fun- I love opera! Your blue dress is very pretty- love the corset with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look so dramatic and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An opera would be such fun to go to. I hope to someday.

    Very lovely outfit.

    ReplyDelete