Friday, 28 September 2012

Victorian Hairwork and a blog to check out

In the Victorian era, hair was often made into jewellery, either as a love gift, or to remember a dead loved one. There are some fascinating examples of this! 

If you are interested, check out these pages:



This episode of the show I mentioned the other day, Oddities, features a unique piece of hair art that is truly worth checking out: Oddities Season 2, episode 3: Three Little Piggies. If you ever get a chance to see the series, make sure you check that one out.

Strangely enough, it also has in that same scene, the lady whose blog I want to mention. Victoriana Lady Lisa is a charming and wonderful woman, who lives the kind of Neo-Victorian life I dream of. I have been following her on facebook, but I just found her blog, and am very excited. You should really check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am so in love with mourning jewellery, I almost bought a mourning broach last year but I didn't have the money for it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband cut his ponytail two months ago - first haircut in over 40 years! I saved it because I thought I'd like to try making something from it. Thanks for sharing these sites - if I can't do it myself, maybe I can find someone on there who'll do it for me! :D

    ReplyDelete