Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Tintype photos at Vixen Vintage

If you read my blog, you probably know that I love all things archaic, even when they don't fit my exact timeline. I was blown away when I came across these photos.

The blogger, Solanah and her husband Sam went to a civil war enactment in full period costume. There they had their photographs taken by an authentic period photographer who took photos the way they did back in the civil war era. They had their photos taken, and they really look just like they came out of the past! Most look completely historically accurate but the one which shows Sam's tattoos might be particularly counfounding to someone who might discover these photos in the future!

Visit the link and take a look!

http://www.vixen-vintage.com/2012/09/civil-war-tintypes.html

This is definitely going on my list of things I need to do one day!



No comments:

Post a Comment