Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Style Inspiration: Julia Wood

"A well-made, long-handled parasol is an excellent weapon against the slings and arrows of the baseball cap generation." Julia Wood.

http://www.julia-wood.com/

I found the article below and posted it a while back. Julia Wood is a delightful woman who wears the kind of clothes I dream of having everyday. As a Neo-Victorian I admire her dedication to who she is and am insanely jealous of her outfits, she even wears my favourite colours! I thought I'd share a few pictures and thoughts.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2073518/Victorian-era-fan-Julia-Wood-spends-10-000-transforming-home-19th-century-wonderland.html

I was interested to see that she got more nice comments from older people and ruder ones from younger people. In my experience, old people (except for one old lady) mostly stare at my Neo-Victorian and historical inspired outfits, and look a bit freaked out, whereas younger people lavish compliments on me if they say anything at all. Maybe if my outfits looked more historically accurate, old people would like them better?

Here are some photos of her in some of my favourite outfits.







4 comments:

  1. Hey :)
    I just wanted to let you know that I tagged you in my blog for the Liebster Award and the Obituary Challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cool, thanks so much! What do I do for the Liebster award tag?

      Delete
  2. Wow, what beautiful clothes-she is indeed a great inspiration! I love that red and black dress. Indeed a style icon to look up to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks peeps, great to be appreciated. Julia Wood.

    ReplyDelete