Saturday, 22 September 2012

Pre-Raphelite Dress

I'm still having a bit of a problem with the blogger format, but in the meantime, I really wanted to share this.

If you're a big fan of Pre-Raphelite art, you may have already noticed that this dress in a picture by Edward Burne-Jones,


and this one by Frank Cadogan Cooper


is really similar to the one in Sleepy Hollow.


I always loved that dress anyway, because it was reminiscent of the ones that Miranda Richardson wore as Queen Mab in the Hallmark Merlin Miniseries, that pretty much influenced my entire clothing taste since then, but now that I know it's a Pre-Raphelite dress, I love it even more!

Anyway, I am sure a lot of people realise this already, but I had to share it anyhow! I'm so excited!

I also just found this wonderful resource, this page has links to so many wonderful movie costumes!


1 comment:

  1. I know these sorts of dresses were probably really uncomfortable but still, so beautiful! My favourite part of going to gallerys is seeing the clothes in preraphelite paintings
    xxx

    ReplyDelete