Monday, 24 September 2012

Oddities, haunted dollhouses, and forgotten books

I am doing well with Cloud Atlas, loving the interwoven threads of the stories. The chapter An Orison of Sonmi~451 chapter is my favourite so far, I can't wait to get to the endings. I've just reached the middle chapter, which I think will be the most difficult, because of the accent it is written in. Things like that always take a lot of concentration.

Here are a few things I found online that I wanted to share.

I just discovered the TV series Oddities. It's like a bit like a pawn shop show, and a bit like American Pickers, only the objects are much stranger and more wonderful!

Also the lovely Lisa from Victorian Mourning is in season 2, episode 3.

Jenny Lawson, AKA The Bloggess has an amazing haunted dollhouse that she has been working on for ten years. It is really the most amazing dollhouse I have ever seen, all the gorgeous details! I want it! Check out the wonderful slideshow.




And going along with the dollhouse theme, I adore this! If only I could afford it! All of the 300+ books can be rearranged, and one of them even has a hidden key in it! I can only imagine the love that must have gone into it!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, love this post. Off to look. That dollhouse is wonderful! My book is kinda of like that. It's a big thing going on over a long period of time. But now it's looking like a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing doll house! It's a huge challenge to achieve something like this. Materials like fabrics are difficult to find in that sheer weight that is needed for a shrinked reality.

    ReplyDelete