Sunday, 15 July 2012

Can the internet help this person?

A friend shared this on Facebook. It's from Patrick Rothfuss. He wants help tracking down a fan who wanted to meet for coffee but then lost her phone. he can't remember her name. It was at Comiccon in San Diego.


I'm eager to see if people sharing this around can help find her, it would be nice to think the internet could be used to perform helpful acts of kindness. Surely if enough people share this, the whole 6 degrees of separation thing will happen and someone will know her?

so if you can, share this on your blog, facebook, twitter, whatever. :)

Patrick Rothfuss:

Okay. Everybody, I need your help. 

I'm at ComicCon. I met a lovely Swedish fan who said that she'd flown out to the con mostly to see me. 

I said, Wow. Really? 

She said, Yes Really. 

So I got her phone number, and told her that when I had a spare couple hours I'd call her so we could grab coffee or something. My thought is, you come from Sweden to see me, I can spare time for coffee. 

But when I called her an our ago, someone else answered the phone. She'd left her phone on a bus, and a stranger had found it. 

So I tracked that person down and got the phone. 

So here's the deal. Swedish fan. I have your phone. I was an idiot, and I didn't write down your name, so I can't find you on facebook. 

You should call your phone, and we'll arrange to get it back to you. Plus maybe grab coffee.

Or you should message me here on facebook, and we'll get in contact that way. 

Everyone else, could you Like this and share this around so she has a decent chance of seeing it? 

Or, if you know who this is, can you send her a message to let her know what's up? 

Thanks everyone, 

pat

No comments:

Post a Comment