Saturday, 28 July 2012

Biennale

I kind of skipped day 8 of the clothing challenge, because I only have a couple of expensive items, and I didn't feel like wearing them. Also I know I'm a bit behind on days, I told you I wouldn't be able to keep up. There were things like a day when we had to wait about 6 hrs for the electrician because most of the lights in the house had stopped working.

Yesterday (Saturday the 28th of July) I went to the Sydney Biennale with a friend and her friend, who is also totally cool. I won't post any pics of them because I don't know that they would want them on the blog. For those who don't know, the Sydney Biennale is a huge art exhibition at various places. This was on Cockatoo Island in Sydney Harbour. We went by Ferry and I only felt a bit seasick on the way back.

Outfit 28th July


Bird skull earrings by Zombeerazer Oddities on Etsy.
Cameo necklace from costume jewellery shop.
Studded and fishnet sleeve top a hand-me-down from boyfriend's sister I think.
Bodice from second hand shop.
Layered fairy mesh skirt from second hand shop.
I also wore black and white striped knee socks which you can't see in this picture.

I wore my shorter black velvet jacket with the Delerium badges with this.


The strap is my faithful little zebra stripe backpack that I've had for years.



4 comments:

  1. bird skull earrings... wowww!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) I just realised you can't really see them in the pictures. You can see them better in this post. http://frustratedwriterstyle.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/neo-victorian-glamour.html

      Also if you like the earrings heck out her zombeerazer Etsy store, she has some cool stuff at great prices!

      Delete
  2. This outfit is so amazing, kind of baroque and gothic at the same time. I love the cameo too, so it's kind of historic as well? Amazing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! i love that you described it as baroque! Yes, it's definitely a bit Gothic and a bit historical. Kind of combining my love of Victoriana with modern gothic.

      Delete