Friday, 20 July 2012

30 Day Clothing Challenge Day 5

This outfit was meant to be my favourite pair of jeans. Shock! Horror! I do not own any jeans whatsoever! I actually had a pair until recently that I had had for years but they were too loose (either I lost weight or they stretched. I would like to think it was because I lost weight). I haven't bothered to get a new pair because I don't really like pants. They are tight and uncomfortable and you can't swoosh around in them like you can in a skirt! I would consider wearing stripy Steampunk bloomers, though. I'm still on the fence with that one. I do own one pair of pants which are kind of Old West looking, although I haven't worn them. The last time I wore pants you can see on one of my old outfit posts when I found some old knee-length pants that reminded me a bit of bloomers, but the the low waist made them nearly impossible to wear with anything, and they didn't look Victorian enough.

So instead I decided to make it another challenge for myself and wear a dress I haven't worn before. Since the weather was quite warm, I managed to pull off wearing this dress, which I really didn't think I would get a chance to wear until summer. It's a lot simpler than most of the things I am currently wearing, but I really loved the look.

Outfit 20th July



Necklace from costume jewellery shop
Dress and jacket secondhand

3 comments:

  1. Aw Laura, you are sooo so nice! I can't help but smiling everytime I get a compliment from you! I think you look awesome in these, I adore everything about it and your tatoos are great! You should do a post about them! Much love, Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like pants too, I prefer skirt or shorts ^^

    ReplyDelete