Sunday, 17 June 2012

Kenzi Style (Lost Girl)

Friday 15th June


Clockwinder necklace from Redheart13 on Etsy
Waistcoat and skirt second hand
Purple top from sale store


Pleather jacket belongs to my boyfriend's sister

So at the moment, I am totally addicted to the TV show Lost Girl. It's urban fantasy, the plots are great, you get to care for the characters. And then there's Kenzi. A tough, cute runaway from a Russian Mafia type family, she has funky urban goth punk street style, and loads of cool wigs. Currently my fave is the curly fauxhawk. But her normal hair is awesome too.

If you haven't seen the show, you NEED to check it out, but don't spoil any of the plot for me, 'cause I haven't caught up to the current season yet!

Anyway, I'm trying to inject a little Kenzi style into my outfits. I'm not that great at modern clothing, but I thought this was a pretty good attempt. I would have worn it with knee high boots, like Kenzi probably would, but I was in a hurry, and they take forever to lace up, so I just wore it with my ankle boots.

Kenzi's usually wearing miniskirts or pants, usually leggings, a cropped fitted leather/pleather jacket and a corset top over a long sleeved top. Usually knee-high boots but also insane high heel boots I could NEVER walk in. She is adorable, but not in a cutesy annoying way. More in a wild child, cute alternative style way. 

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of that programme but her style sounds amazing-will have to look it up!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete