Thursday, 19 January 2012

Today's Outfit, The Phoenix Requiem, Project Gutenberg

I am currently reading The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross and The Lost World by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I just finished The Phoenix Requiem Online Comic yesterday, and I really loved it. I really cared about the characters, and I got nervous near the end, worrying that everything wouldn't work out. I won't tell you what happened, but it is a truly excellent, engaging and imaginative story, and a real must read!

I found The Lost World at Project Gutenberg, a collection of free online ebooks of works of literature whose copyrights have expired, allowing them to be free for all to read. 

Project Gutenberg reminds me of The Book People from Fahrenheit 451 (Ray Bradbury). In a world where books were forbidden and wantonly destroyed, they memorised entire novels for posterity, so that someday, they might be rewritten. The people of Project Gutenberg are like a version of The Book People for our world, volunteers who read and retype famous works onto the internet, so that they can be available at the click of a mouse to anyone who has access to the internet, making sure these cultural classics remain a part of the digital age.

This was today's outfit. I really love crimson, maroon and berry shades at the moment, there's possibly some influence from Regina in Once Upon A Time there. I have also been told that reds and black are colours that connect to the soul and spirit and bring strength, so that's an interesting thought.


The top is a Peace Angel one found at a Vintage shop when I met up with one of my friends the other week.
The skirt was found at a charity shop on the same day.


Fair Trade earrings from a hippie shop. The stones are garnet, probably my favourite stone.


Necklace from second hand shop.


Detail of the ruffle on the skirt. I love it so much!





3 comments:

  1. Love the jewelry and it ties in well with what you`re wearing. Lovely as always.

    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Started reading that online comic, and I really enjoyed it so far. Your outfit is lovely, especially the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, it`s me again down here) could you please send me a quick email to akisforkate@gmail.com as I have a surprise im putting together for my regular readers and I want to include you too! thank you.

    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete