Saturday, 7 January 2012

Happy Birthday Charles Addams!

Today is the posthumous birthday of cartoonist Charles Addams, original creator of The Addams Family. I haven't read the original comic strips, but the movies, The Addams Family and The Addams Family Values remain among my favourites.

I finally got to wear my pocketwatch today. One of the things that sucks about being a girl is that they don't put pockets on women's clothing very often. This was my only waistcoat that had real pockets. Oh well, I plan to have a waistcoat collection one day.


Same cameo necklace I've been wearing a lot recently. I know I should be wearing something else for a change, but it's my favourite at the moment!

Wolf claw necklace from Moon Raven Designs (mrd74) on Etsy. You can't see it really well in these photos, but it's in a lot of my other posts too. Or you could just check out the shop.

Waistcoat second hand.

Skirt second hand.


Detail of earring. Garnet stone. 


Pocketwatch. My boyfriend and I got one each when we went to the Portobello Markets in 2007. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've got to wear it. I need to get more waistcoats with pockets so I can wear it more often.



7 comments:

  1. You have such a lovely pocket watch, hope some day you will have a huge collection of vests with pockets so you can wear it more!

    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have a pocket watch like yours! I am not a fan of wrist watches so I would probably look for a pocket watch instead to help me track time. :) Btw, what will happen to your other blog? Are you going to take it down?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blog :)
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pocket watch!! OMG (yeah I really cant pll off being hip)... Anyway I love your steam punk style!!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted a pocket watch for some reason..I feel like it evokes a different time (no pun intended, lol) They're special little pieces that also make great gifts :-)
    You have cool stuff on here so adding you to my google follow..let's talk soon!

    Hugs from NYC

    TravelDesignery.com
    .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pocket watch. And I wish my clothing had more pockets, too.

    ReplyDelete