Saturday, 31 December 2011

Steampunk/ Victoriana Outfit Inspiration Part II


I wanted to share some of my outfits over the past year. Victorian literature and style have always been an inspiration to me, and recently I have been fascinated by Steampunk, so I have been putting together outfits based on that inspiration.

I love that I managed to get almost everything for these outfits at charity shops!


Originally published Friday 18th November 2011:

The Night Circus Outfit and Victoriana Outfit




Black velvet ribbon around neck from the local craft and sewing shop.

Necklace made by me out of fake leather thonging, cameo pendant, ankh and old keys.

Corset top from garage sale near the Portobello markets, about 4 years ago. Really want to go back to England, and see the rest of Europe!

Black and white dress from fill a bag sale at second hand shop. It's actually several sizes too large but the corset top pulls it in so you would never know!


Cameo earrings from boyfriend's mum :)



Necklace I made.


Ring from Vintage/ second hand shop. One of my favourites at the moment.


Recent outfit. All second hand items. I was really excited when I found the top, it is very Victorian and elegant. I pinned the neck with a fake pearl brooch I had from the op shop.

Originally published Tuesday 20th December 2011:

Old American West Steampunk inspiration:

Christmas Eve Outfit




Choker: Black velvet ribbon tied around neck.
Necklace: Cameo necklace from a costume jewellery store. 
Top: Gift from Wendy at Shop 55 Vintage.
Skirt: Shop 55 Vintage.

Earrings a gift from boyfriend's mother.



When I go out I will probably be wearing this with my kinda Victorian ankle boots.


Christmas Day Outfit



Monday, 26 December 2011


Boxing Day Outfit



Long thing velvet scarf wrapped around neck. I have no idea where it's from.
Same cameo necklace I have been wearing all the time recently.
White blouse from second hand shop.
Mesh and crimson velvet jacket from second hand shop. 
Skirt from second hand shop.

Worn with the same ankle boots I have been wearing all the time recently.


This is the nailpolish I've had for the last few days. I've been doing French tips with coloured nails for at least the last seven years. I think the first ones I did were metallic crimson with black tips. Or it might have been the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment