Friday, 30 December 2011

Pandaemonium



Pandaemonium is one of my favourite films of all time. It is a film about Samuel Taylor Coleridge, and vividly brings to life his words and poetry. I also love it because it also has Dorothy Wordsworth as a character. Dorothy was the sister of the well known poet William Wordsworth. She also wrote and similarities between her brother's work and her own (which she never published) show that he drew upon her own writing for inspiration in his. This can be seen in the movie, where he seems to leech off her. The film is about the relationship between Coleridge, William and Dorothy Wordsworth, and revolves around their friendship, William's jealousy, and Dorothy's inspiration of them both. 

Pandaemonium is vivid, beautiful and emotional and in my mind, a must see film!

(Did I mention I want all the costumes?)

1 comment: