Saturday, 31 December 2011

Catwings



Children's book, Ursula K. Le Guin

I'm doing a bit of a series of posts on books I enjoyed when I was younger. I hope that someone who is looking for inspiration for books to read to their children might be inspired to try these out. Also I believe a good children's book is not just for children, but can be enjoyed by adults too.


Catwings was a book I loved as a child. It is the story of kittens who are born with wings and their adventures. There are also apparently a sequels which I have not read. This book really captures the imagination with wonderful endearing illustrations, and a simple tale that children who love animals will enjoy. It is a short book with pictures on just about every double page, very suitable for young children, perhaps it could be used to teach children who are a little older to read. Of course, adults can enjoy it too, especially cat lovers.

This is a wonderful adventure for children and I highly recommend it.



The Sequels:


Catwings Return, 
Jane On Her Own, 
Wonderful Alexander and the Catwings.


1 comment:

  1. Wow I NEED to read this! I love cats and this sounds amazing! I`ll let you know when I`v read it! I have a feeling I`m gonna love it)

    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete