Friday, 30 December 2011

25 Lessons for Creatives (from nextness.com.au)

(Originally posted Sunday 2nd October, 2011 on my other blog, Frustrated Writer Style)


Abridged from Nextness blog.

I read these a while back and they really inspired me. I have them as a desktop wallpaper to remind me of ways to keep my creative spark going when I'm feeling uninspired. They really inspire me!


1. Never apologise for being an artist.

2. Look for the magic.

3. Your life is a canvas.

4. Don’t fake being unique, you already are.

5. Try not to let having to earn a living get in the way of your creative work.

6. The role of the artist is to see what others do not.

7. Don’t just be a mirror of society, transform it.

8. Keep your head in the clouds but your feet firmly on earth.

9. The work is what matters.

10. Art might not always make you cool or popular.

11. Delight in a trusting creative partnership.

12. Believe in the “blue star” of your destiny.

13. You might struggle to find your medium.

14. But you will find signs that point you on the right path.

15. You will experience low periods.

16. You will question yourself.

17. You will get blocked.

18. Be suspicious of early success.

19. Don’t pause to take spoils.

20. Don’t look back.

21. If you miss a beat, create another.

22. The truly talented don’t need to show off.

23. Never sell out.

24. Life is not simple.

25. Practise, practise, practise til you hit your stride.

1 comment:

  1. Very good list! Life is anything but simple! I would say that is the most important! I have a blog where i am making a children's book about a squirrel. I would love it if you could stop by and give me a few pointers :)

    ReplyDelete