Saturday, 12 November 2011

Wordstock!!!

On 11/11/11 I went to Wordstock. Wordstock is an event at my university with poetry, music, plays and short stories. It was organised by my awesome tutor, Sarah Attfield, and a group of students. I ended up helping set up, too, because I had a long time to hang around after class until Wordstock started, and frankly, I am one of those annoying people who would rather be doing something useful than doing nothing. As long as it doesn't involve maths.

I didn't end up performing anything, as the programme was full, but I really enjoyed watching everyone else performing. There is a huge wealth of creative talent at my university, and I was really excited to see what amazing writers, musicians and performers we had. In my classes, I never get to see any of this, so it was a lot of fun for me. I got to chat to some really interesting people from different courses, some of whom I know, some of whom I hope to get to know better. All in all, it was a very inspiring night!

1 comment: